Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Depression / IT

Depression / IT
by
Robin Hall


Depression is not really by me. I didn't invent IT. ITs not due to a weak will or laziness. I cannot just say no to IT.

People have likely had this killer disease as long as we have stood upright and fought the elements, animals and others for survival.

IT can come on when you are feeling swell, last for months then disappear for a few days. The cycles are endless. No medicine has helped me. I am convinced the stats on how many are helped, well, I am skeptical when docs STATE 70% improve. If you believe that I have a fine device to change your life. Just send me $4769.00, tax included, and I will send you the device. You will have to buy ammunition locally.

I spent a lot of time revising Thief of Joy so I won't go on too much. I have had IT since I was 19. One theory is genetic mutation. Yes, some sun ray or other whacks a gene, it multiplies and you are fucked.

There are many forms of IT and endless discussions on what to do about IT. If you click Google and put in any of these queries, without the quotes: " depression " , " manic depression " , " major depression ", " bipolar disorder " or the like, follow the links you choose and do some studying, you will find more than you want to know.

To paraphrase a current slogan, "We're here, we're depressed. Live with it!" So, to the unbelievers I say, "Do your fucking homework before you criticize the unknown world around you.

To others with IT, you have my sympathy. I have had IT 43 years now. Lots do not survive IT. I have no cure for you, no guidelines. Some survive, some do not. That is a fact.

I have nothing to offer other than my blogs. My hope is they can ease the pain through my sharings.

My Life is about the fog of depression.
My Stories What I have written when the fog lifts.
Finding Things Online Internet tutorials.

No comments: