Saturday, March 10, 2007

Play With Yourself, er...

Sure, go ahead, play with yourself. I mean, really, if you can't play with yourself, how can you expect to play with others and know what to do or tell them what to do, with you? Playing with yourself is very logical.

Take OCD for instance, especially if you have it. I have had IT along with depression and physiological anxiety for over 40 years. Usually OCD bothers me a lot. Sometimes I just have to laugh. Sometimes when I laugh I send the episode to my two friends. Sometime they get to laugh. IF I can laugh, I get to giggle at how foolish some of my compulsions are. No one NEEDS to wash their hands 100+ times a day do they? I use a lot of hand lotion and live with it. Plus, I am convinced the hand washing is a good idea.

The obsessional thoughts are rarely fun however. Snippets of songs run rampant in my brain for days. Jingles mangle me worst. "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun," etc. I hate McDonald's for infecting me like this. The jingle began in 1975. YIKES. I am sure there is a branch of psychology in marketing aimed at jingleology DRAT.

One of my favorite TV shows of all time is Monk. I laugh at him and at me when I see me in him. TY Tony Shaloub for the laughs and a few cries too.

Should you do something silly, go ahead and laugh. Share with your friends and let them laugh along, well some friends and some silliness's.

Playing with yourself is fun. Leave me a note about your foibles, faux pas, malapropisms, Freudian slips etc. and we all can laugh more.

No comments: