Monday, March 5, 2007

For Us With IT

Some days I am cold, I feel dead inside. My vision is blurred. I am angry. I am sad. I say things that can hurt. I am in the throes of depression and the cycles are actually painful. The bottom of the cycles are painful and dangerous to me. The neuro-chemicals that are not working properly are damaging my brain and IT hurts.

This is IT, for me. For you, perhaps IT is MS, PTSD, cancer, an injury from war. IT. Put your pain in IT below and know a bit more of yourself, me and others with IT. " If you have no pain now be glad and know a bit about others with IT. Take care of them. Perhaps they are you another day.




For Us With IT
by
Robin Hall

IT will not go away forever but IT may go away for a while.
IT will be back.IT is not our fault.
There is NOTHING we can do about IT but most of us will keep trying.
When we try, we win.

There is nothing we can do for another with IT but be there for them.
IT is not contagious so there is no danger in catching IT.

REMEMBER THIS ABOVE ALL ELSE: Others with IT are still whoever they were before IT and between cycles of IT. They will return. Be there during and after.

Do not be embarrassed by IT. None of us are embarrassed by cancer though IT is almost as life threatening and just as debilitating.

Remember, the person with IT is not IT, they are the person. IT is an overlay. Look deeper, they are still themselves.

Do not tell someone with IT to cheer up or have a nice day.
You would not say this to an accident victim on the way to the hospital would you?

We, the victims of IT, remember who was there for us and who was not.
Deal with us as people. Despise IT. Love the person.
Love us as before. Is that so hard?

No comments: