Saturday, May 24, 2008

Danger, danger !!!

Things I can no longer eat OR that I should not, but do anyway.

Popcorn is my favorite food. Six years ago I ate my last bowl. I broke one tooth and needed a root canal. Co$t, about $1300. Sadly its on my no longer to eat list.

I have added potato chips to my should no longer eat category. I DO try but I ignore this one, plus chips don't break my teeth and I deserve a nice salty treat.

Corn chips are here too and crunchy corn curls, not the fluffy kind. Ditto on should not but do anyway.

Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream, lactose free, is in my should not list. I ignore this one as well. But I MUST stop eating BVIC with Newman Os, the much better cookie than Oreos.

You see, my taste buds don't give out before I have pigged out.

I will try on these: I am usually able to stay away from bologna, bacon, liverwurst, olive loaf etc. After all I DO read their labels and they scare me. Worse, I don't seem able to digest them. Hours later, more than half the day, I often need to purge these undigested items.

Drat. I have failed again. Shoney's seniors Tuesday breakfast pig-out meal, only $5.00 with tax and tip, has bacon and sausage. I DO like these foods as most any normal person does. Another failure for me most Tuesdays.

I might eat pizza daily but its co$tly and there isn't a single good pizza place within 200 miles that I have found.

Well, you get the picture. Dangerous food for many reasons. I can leave some of them alone, some magically show up in my fridge or cabinets, upset my stomach and then are gone etc.

I would suspect thieves but I actually know better. AD has not as yet set in.

However, some foods break my expensive teeth and MUST stay on the grocer's shelves.

I do the best I can. I am sure you do too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol , i guess i should also stop taking chips.