Friday, August 10, 2007

Santafucking Claus, Angels and All Things Holy

Santafucking Claus, Angels and All Things Holy
by
Robin Hall


I tried to watch Angels in the Backfield though it was a kids movie. Angels and stuff. I won't make that misnake/sic again.

We are shitting on our children when we bring up this sort of otherworldly hope. We live in a world that does not support hope, what with some spirit in the sky which is going to make everything OK, angels which will guide us, santafucking claus who will bring us presents BUT ONLY IF WE ARE NICE, easterfuckingbunnies with modest chocolate treats etc.

AND these are only the myths in the US. I cannot imagine the sillinesses of other cultures.

Something is wrong here. Why do we perpetrate this sort of thing ON our children?

I absolutely recall the day my mother told me there was no santafuckingclaus. I was washing up in the bathroom. She sat me down on the commode with its seat down.

"There is no santa." I was the oldest kid in my class who didn't know. My fucking mother and grandparents had been lying to me for a decade. No fuckingsanta. Is it a wonder I never learned to trust anyone?

Ever.

I tried too.

Ever.

Why do progenitors feel the need to lie to their offspring? Fess up all you parents and quit lying to your kids about santafuckingclaus, some spirit in the sky, the easter bunny and all the bullshit present in other cultures.

Why is truth so hard to deal with? You cannot tell your own family truth where IS truth?

Etc.

No comments: