Thursday, April 5, 2007

Blood

Blood
by
Robin Hall


Did your family desert you when some illness or other hit? Mine did. My guess is that blood is not thicker than water. The very people who CHOSE to bring life into the world found other interests than you. Sound familiar?

This is sad of course and I never did figure out how love can die. Here is a poem I have kept in my wallet for over 33 years.

Herman Hesse wrote How Heavy the Days so many years ago:

" How heavy the days are.
There's not a fire that can warm me,
Not a sun to laugh with me,
Everything bare,
Everything cold and merciless,
And even the beloved, clear
Stars look desolately down,
Since I learned in my heart that
Love can die. "

We go on when we learn this tragic lesson but the damage is irreparable. One wonders about the process that destroyed love or if there ever was love, not just sex without care for the newborn.

We go on. We love, hate, live or die in the shadow of original betrayal. Sad, so sad, and what is to learn? Why didn't the birth parents care enough to do their homework, understand the you that is, not the you they think you are? Love can die.

No comments: