Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Studying IT

Studying IT
by
Robin Hall


One would think studying IT, your own IT, the illness at your throat, that you could learn and benefit. Sadly, this has not been true for me. Maybe you benefitted and good on you as the Australians say.

For ages I hoped my family would do the necessary studying. They might then treat me better, sympathize or at least tolerate me. They did not.

Two of my friends did some of this studying and do sympathize, do tolerate me. One other tolerates me.

The psychiatrists I have had access to, due to my poverty and their not being interested in pro bono, well, I was quickly out their door. I hoped beyond hope I would find a good doctor. I did not. Worse, I often knew more of the depression syndrome than these low-rent docs did.

More, with the poverty I exist in, my dual diagnosis of ongoing alcoholism AND the destructive depression syndrome at my throat there are simply no places to even try a dual diagnosis treatment.

I called 15 clinics I found purporting to treat dual diagnosis. LOL and no surprise. NOT ONE OF THEM would treat me without at least the entire cost of their program in advance.

The members of the local AA didn't want to entertain the fact that depression began first and needs to be treated first. They had not done the homework. Oy.

... Well, input your own story, rearrange the details and you will know the difficulties in just living on any particular day. Maybe studying your IT will work for you. Maybe not.

No comments: