Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Newspeak, Duckspeak and PCspeak

Newspeak, Duckspeak and PCspeak
by
Robin Hall


In Orwell's novel 1984 the ongoing rule for language was that it grow smaller each year. The extraordinary languages of the world, English was the model, were to be diminished day by day. Fewer words were allowed till one simply expresses thoughts by quacking.

This seems to be what is happening today with the inanity called political correctness. Lets call it pcspeak for now and lets also call a spade a spade. Or is that prejudicial to spades? Perhaps spades would prefer the term hand operated earth moving equipment? Hmm. That seems almost the opposite of newspeak. More words, less precision.

I am getting confused and with good reason.

Today's news suggested a professor was fired for using a term like rich white kids. Duh. Sure there was more to the firing but when we go down the road to censorship and cloak this religiously motivated travesty in the guise of political correctness and ban words, phrases and dare I say it, thoughts, well what is next?

I am sure my clothes will be banned soon. Maybe my car isn't up to someones standards. Maybe my hair will be the target of some assholes flamethrower because its too long or short or brown or curly... Is curly pc? Yikes, maybe it should be un-straight.

Now while they are at it, why not ban atheists, gays, smokers, drinkers, old people, thinking people, dog lovers, cat lovers, lovers of any sort and lets not forget unruly children, the rude, the humorous the artistic and all religions not in vogue. Say, radical muslims are already trying much of this, or isn't it pc to even mention terrorism?

The greatest historical experiment in free speech, the USA and our Constitution are being STOMPED on folks. All politically correct, original American language, thoughts and views are going to come from a very small book if this trend continues, just like Newspeak.

Broadcasters are being fired for doing what they were once paid to do and the right wingers and the religious are having a field day in their climb to world domination.

I say FUCK THE FUCKING FUCKERS. Take back our right to listen to Stern, Imus, Bill O'Reilly or anyone if we like, while smoking a Kool, drinking a bud or lighting up a doobie. Ok, I don't watch these fellows, so sue me.

We can take back our right to think for ourselves while we are at it and not have to waste so much time monitoring every little word or phrase either. And whoever got hurt by changing channels? That is how I keep things I don't like off my TV screen.

We must begin to crawl out of our holes and reclaim life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness before its too late. Oops, can't I say happiness, or was it the fucks that piss off censors?

I hope the birds don't take offense and ban Robin on birdvision.

Perhaps I should shut up.

Quack.

No comments: