Thursday, April 26, 2007

4 26 7

4 26 7
by
Robin Hall


Today the LA Times had an article about Shrek and wondered if this cartoon should be allowed to be a spokes "person" for junk food. There was more foolishness but not the article nor the LA Times is at fault in this. "Political Correctness" is to blame.

Folks, we need to STOP this NOW. PC is a tool of the religious "right" in my view and we are being tricked into believing it has anything to do with right-ness, politics or anything other than religious-ness.

Anyway, fat cartoons are hardly new. Barney was fat. Wilma was not trim and it, fat-ness, didn't stop any parent from letting their tots view that cartoon. Check out the Cartoon Channel for more examples, check your memory if you are older than 32. Fat and cartoons go together. Teletubbies, Sponge Bob etc. come to mind.

Now I have never liked cartoons and am not voting for them here but really, do politics, religion and the junk food industry not have suspicious connections?

Is there a solution? Who cares? Change the channel to vote. Don't buy the products to vote your mind. Watch TV with your kids and point out the logical fallacies of cartoons and see how much that works.

A Florida state senator or representative and a preacher both want there to be state law to ban thongs [ excuse me but just who the fuck gets to be the inspector? ] and / or baggy pants. OOPS, jail time, is a suggested penalty. OK, the watered down bill suggests suspension but WTF?

My failing for today is buying some half & half and mixing it with Nestles Quik. Who cares? I am an adult and can eat what I want.

I will likely have more failings in days to come, maybe more today. Feel free to have your own blog or domain to express your views. I can visit them or not, as I choose, at least for now.

If the religious have their way, I may not be able to choose later on.

No comments: