Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Damn IT

Damn IT
by
Robin Hall


The hurricane, the tornado of IT is upon me. The drugs don't work. In some parts of the day the alcohol does let me forget, but damn IT.

My IT is depression, your IT might be schizophrenia, cancer or a recent car wreck. The days when all you can do is try to stay sane.

With depression, my IT, whatever I do is wrong. Every emotion I have flies by faster than I can observe. I laugh, cry, scream in pain and the rage is upon me. I sit just inside the eye of the hurricane all but pulled apart and too dizzy to grab a single emotion. I don't know where I am, what time it is. If there are several personalities here, well, we are more confused than usual.

Only once or twice a month are we hit by these hurricanes. We forget within a day or two. Get hit again. Wish the brain had its own weather channel and our "life WAS on video tape," and our remote had new batteries. Maybe its enough to have an extra case of vodka. We just don't know do we?

No comments: