Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Revenge

Revenge
by
Somefuckingidiotyoudontwanttoknowormaybesuchawonderfulpersonyoudontdeservetoknowormaybesomeoneyouwillknowandloveforever.comornot
OK
by
Robin Hall

Revenge is a dish best served cold etc.

Does the topic of revenge haunt you from time to time? You want to get back something someone has stolen like your dignity?

Hmm. I looked up revenge in some bible or other. Revenge is mine saith the lord. Well, strike me dead.

I thought past this with google's help of course.

Maybe we should not seek revenge since it would take from us more than the original theft. We give up too much to extract a penalty from the perpetrator.

There were several people in my past I REALLY wanted to hurt in the revenge sort of way. One spent his entire adult life as a city bus driver. Duh, how much more revenge is possible within the confines of the law?

Another, a fellow who physically hurt me thought he was the next Elvis and ended up running a fishing camp in Arkansas. I am batting a thousand so far and didn't do a thing.

Yet another fellow who hurt me lost his job after hurting me. I did nothing to cause this either. Still batting 1000.

There was an unintended family member WAY more fond of golf than of his own adopted son who couldn't play that silly game for the last decade of his life. Sweet revenge and no input from me.

Half sister was a drug addict. She definitely TRIED to hurt me. Just count her rehab tries. No input from me.

Female progenitor who did NOTHING to help me and has lived her life trying to substitute a card game for doing the right thing, BEING A MOTHER TO ME.

Female progenitor's brother, taking the high road, thinking he DID help. Guess what? A life duller than dirt and knowing it.

Say, maybe there is simply NO NEED FOR revenge. There IS one other fellow who has hurt me. I can only hope.

I rest my case.

No comments: