Saturday, May 12, 2007

Yesterday, 5 11 7

Yesterday, 5 11 7
by
Robin Hall


Where to start?

The good bits included a new pair of pants, seeing the Smoky Mountains, or? Smokey Mountains?, smoking and a good sandwich from one of our national chains of sandwich makers which was open when I was hungry, 8 AM.

The VA, once again, [ appeared to ] lie to me. No news to others who rely on VA health care.

I did get to meet a very decently trained real psychiatrist, a rarity in the VA system. Here was an intelligent, somewhat disheveled doctor who listened. What a treat.

Alcohol is still in my life or more accurately, just showed up unexpectedly or, you get the picture, never left.

The drugs or rTMS like devices to treat the real problems of the depression syndrome are, hopefully, no more than 4 decades away. I will try to wait patiently and will likely not see them unless I live to be 102. Who knew things could be so good for someone living in poverty?

Now as to the question of Michael Moore. The government is investigating this very valued USA citizen. Our government is actually wasting resources investigating a journalist. I often miss things but why would the government BE wasting resources investigating a journalist when there are terrorists trying to KILL US?

Silly me, I thought there was free speech here in our wonderful country, as long as it didn't call for violent overthrow of the government or stuff like yelling FIRE in a building when there was no fire.

More thoughts on the self sanctified religious: christian, muslim or whatever. Folks, these radicals are STEALING our basic USA rights. Lets keep this in mind while we ponder new political candidates.

No comments: