Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Dialing 504

Dialing 504
by
Robin Hall


If you have lived there, go again. If you visited there, visit again.

Tell me for an absolute certainty that your heartstrings don't connect there. Tell me this. Look me in the eye and tell me you don't want to BE there.

For some of us, well, its where we DO want to be. We may not be able to afford it. We may wish to shun it for "intellectual" reasons but its there and we WANT to be there too and how could we not?

Just watching a flick about it like a Love Song for Bobby Long draws us back.

Remembering the sweet Barbara Duffy draws us back.

ISA makes us remember. Jackson Square and smiling Andy on a horse and beignets and Tipitinas and the wonderful sounds of Professor Longhair and that was NOT his real name and I have one of his cards to prove it.com... Henry Roeland Byrd . Trump that. The Radiators. The rest. There is a beat that can't be beat and YOU KNOW THIS.

Just look me in the eye and be honest and say you don't want to live there at least part time. Look within yourself and state you do not want to go back. I want to and hope I can.

No comments: